Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Projects

One of the things I started to do last year, and want to continue this year, is sewing/knitting/home organization, and other type of projects. I am in the middle of an apron project right now, which I wanted to show you today, but I just couldn't get to it. I've been doing a lot of running in the past 36 hours. First, I cleaned and organized MOST of the house, but I kind of got bogged down in Keaton's room. I didn't get around to my exercise until about 1:45. Then I had to quickly shower, run carpool, take Carson to scouts, take kids to piano, do homework, go to Relief Society, try to get McKay to do math, go to bed. Get up, run kids to school, try to get McKay to do his math, run him to school and check him in tardy, drop Keaton off at carpool, go back and get him because his carpool was sick, take him 25 minutes to Maeser, run to the gym, get home, shower, go pick Keaton up from Maeser, pick up McKay from Sorensen's (nice fireplace, Jenny, I saw it before you!!), take him to Louis', run fliers over to Keaton and come home to help kids with homework/piano/reading. whew! Since Keaton obviously thinks I have nothing to do all day but run him around or pick him up when he is bored of skiing, so he wants me to just take the day to ski with him. Hmmm. Well, I guess that my kids ARE my main projects right now, and they are definitely works in progress. But, Makenzie did awesome on the piano today, and also reading Boxcar Children, and Keaton made high honor roll, so thumbs up keep on soldiering on!!

So, since this is partly a fitness blog, mainly to motivate me to get exercising again and maybe motivate someone else as well, here's how I did yesterday and today:

Yesterday, I didn't have enough time to do the awesome DVD I had planned, but since I had committed to doing something, I did a workout from Cathe's Timesaver DVD. 22 minutes of step cardio and 16 minutes of weights, for about 320 calories burned. Often, I think that if we find we don't have a lot of time to exercise, we just don't do anything (I know I fall into that category). I'm trying to be more flexible, and if the scheduled workout doesn't work, find another way to fit something in, even if you just walk around the sofa 6 times and do shavasana on the floor for 3 minutes. I really recommend Cathe's Timesaver DVD. It has 5 workouts, all under 50 minutes.

Today, I ran into trouble again because of my last minute trip to Maeser, so I was running late, but I made it to yoga (15 minutes late) then did a spin class. I don't usually do doubles, but I really need more yoga now that I'm getting older. Whew!

4 comments:

  1. Wow just listening to your day is making me tired. It sounds like the kids are really involved as well. Hopefully Mckay will someday want to do math.:) You're amazing at your exercising, but I'm sure it helps you cope with everything else you have to do each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Amy, it may sound like I'm amazing at my exercising, but the truth is I have done almost none since the marathon 4 months ago. I have literally run maybe 5 times. That is why I need some motivation! I noticed the gym was pretty empty today, which is why my "start your resolutions 2 weeks AFTER the new year" strategy is so brilliant: I won't be one of the ones who drop out after the first 2 weeks, because I hadn't even started by then! Ha! See how amazingly brilliant I am?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! That is one thing that I DON'T miss in my life is chasing the kids all over the earth to get them to their activities, Yea teenage drivers!
    We have started a 'Biggest Loser' in our family to try and motivate the kids to watch what they eat and to move more...it is funny that Jacob wasn't very excited about it until he started seeing results; now he is aware of his calories and is much more willing to exercise.
    I am glad that your kids were able to get back into their school, if you are like me, I can never get anything done in the house when they are home:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I never see results. I lost .1 lb in a week, which means in only 50 weeks I will have lost the 5 lb I gained at Christmas. Dave is doing a big slim down, though, so maybe he'll want to join the competition. What is the prize?

    ReplyDelete