Friday, January 21, 2011

Learning something new!

I've read a lot of articles from the Eat This, Not That authors, and I've actually learned a lot. I really enjoyed this article:

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/15-worst-health-diet-myths

It was informative, and surprising in some instances. For example, I learned that increasing your potassium intake was more effective in lowering blood pressure than decreasing your sodium!

I also like their articles comparing restaurant items. It can be astonishing to see just how many calories are in a meal--often over 2000! Wow!

So, why are the French thinner than Americans, but eat richer food? It's largely because they eat smaller portions. In addition, they also use fewer processed/fake foods and more fresh, real ingredients. Eat real butter, sour cream and cream, rather than margarine, and fat free products. Read the back of Daisy Sour Cream compared to any other brand. It is just cream, that is it. Any other sour cream has 15-20 ingredients, with reduced fat/ fat free having even more. It is the same with cottage cheese. Yuck, what is that stuff in there? I need Mike's recipe!

Eat real!

No comments:

Post a Comment