Sunday, January 23, 2011

How it all turned out....

My kids are adjusting to having such a loooong morning to wait before church, so today wasn't bad at all. It was fun actually. But, about the pot roast. Well, I decided to try a modified Boeuf Bourguignon. Makenzie told be she HATES boeuf Bourguignon. So do I, because I can't remember how to spell it. Nevertheless, I made it and put it in the oven. I couldn't do it full on because it takes several steps, and I would be at church, then at a friend home for her son's mission farewell. He is going to the Everett Washington Mission. I couldn't think of anything to say other than it would be really green. So, anyway, what the kids ended up having for dinner was plate after plate of desserts. I'm sure McKay had nearly 20 things. I'm surprised he is still alive. We stayed until six, by which time the Pot Roast was pretty hard. Dave ate some anyway. He said the parts that still had some squish were very tasty.

We are still a bunch of sugar addicts, while the veggies rot in the fridge.

Then Keaton insisted that I make him the bruschetta with the slices of French bread I had hidden away. I told him I was making bruschetta with prosciutto and oranges. He still wanted it. I made it. He ate 4 slices. I asked him if he would have tried it if I told him it was toast with ham and oranges. He said no. The names were what made it sound interesting. He loved it.
I'll make some more tomorrow with a tomato capresé topping.

I have some cucumbers I need to use, so I thought I would make some marinated cucumbers for my kids lunches. I found a recipe. It had these ingredient: ACV, EVOO, Agave, pink Himalayan salt, and hemp seeds. Wow, after thinking it over, I decided I have ACV, EVOO, and I've seen agave at Smith's, but the pink Himalayan salt and hemp seeds are not going to be found at the corner store, I'm thinking. The next recipe down called for tofu cream cheese. I think I need a new website.

I'm very excited about tomorrow. All my kids will finally be back in regular school, regular hours. We'll just pretend that the New Year actually starts tomorrow, what?

The exercise plan: A cycle class, then yoga fusion. Very fun!

Cindy

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how I've missed three posts in a row... I thought I clicked over here as soon as I saw you'd written. Anyway, I have a few comments.
    1) I loved your ode to winterim. It's so fun when you can see your kids grow and develop. :)
    2) I am always trying to throw things together without all the ingredients I need. I've discovered I'm not the best cook, but I can be pretty darn creative and it all seems to get eaten. :) And, wasn't it Keaton that liked to eat lemons plain?
    3) pink Himalayan salt and hemp seeds? LOL. Do you have a subscription to the magazine "Clean Eating"? If not, I think it's something you'd really enjoy.

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a missionary from our Ward who is in the Everett Washington mission:).
    I liked the comment of how Keaton liked the 'fancy names' of things...Jacob is like that too:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw pink Himalayan salt in Target today... lol

    ReplyDelete