Monday, April 4, 2011

It's a Miracle

Wow, I didn't realize that it had been so long since my last post! Well, here's the thing--I've got to figure out how to add pictures to make my blog more interesting. And then take the pictures, I suppose. What a great weekend. Of course, Friday we went up to the wedding. It was such a nice day. It was fun taking the kids too Aggie Ice Cream. My kids are so indoctrinated to USU, especially Keaton. Getting married in the Logan Temple is even more of a tradition, I wonder who will break it??? I was definitely very tired by the time we got home, though. Saturday was wonderful, and gorgeous weather again. I went jogging (7 miles) and met some friends while out, so that was fun. It was lucky, too. They told me about their pact to not eat any sugar, snacks, white flour, etc. in April, except on Easter, and convinced me to join them with one caveat: we would go out to lunch and maybe have a little treat for my birthday on the 17th. When I got home, Dave had gone out for doughnuts and a bunch of treats for conference. So, I couldn't share in the treat fest. Yeah!! Conference was great, it was one of my favorites recently, and not only for the talks. The kids are getting so they listen better, although they are still so talkative its sometimes hard to hear. But, we watched all the sessions together, and I not only didn't fall asleep, I didn't even feel tired! Usually I crash during a few talks on Sunday, but I heard them all. We decided that service was a big theme. What other themes do you think there were?

We are usually pretty good about not doing work on Sunday, and keeping the Sabbath day holy, but we did quite a bit of work yesterday. First, we had terrible winds on Saturday night, and much of Sunday, along with snow and cold temperatures. Our greenhouse got ripped up pretty bad, so Dave had to fix it yesterday afternoon or we would have lost all our little garden thats been growing out there for more than a month. Hopefully it will recover.

The other thing is that I've been working really hard on, I guess you'd call it spring cleaning, and I want to finish before we leave for spring break Friday, so I scheduled to have the carpets cleaned Monday morning. So, we had to get all the of the furniture moved and the carpets vacuumed yesterday. Along with all the cleaning and scrubbing, we've also been patching the walls and touching up the paint, so things should look a little better around here after we are done.

Shall we guess whose bedroom was the worst? Keaton's, of course. But the kitchen is the biggest job, and that is still ahead of me. Whew.



3 comments:

  1. I was excited to see another post from you. It was great to see you guys this weekend. And I agree, conference was wonderful! My favorite talk was Elder Scott's. The wedding, his talk... it all made me even more grateful for eternal marriage. What a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I was happy to see you had a new post as well. You don't need pictures, it's just nice to hear what you are all up too. I loved conference as well. I especially liked Elder Scott's talk. I thought there were some great talks about the family, and ways to keep our families strong. Just like Elder Holland said, there are so many different topics, but there is always something that will be of help to you individually if you listen with the spirit. I'm glad the kids are getting to the point where they can listen more. It sure is hard to listen when your kids need your attention. Good Luck with your house projects. Where are you going for spring break?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Amy: Well, supposedly San Diego. But, we have so many things encroaching on it from both ends, we'll see what actually happens.

    ReplyDelete