Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome to Kansas

We are experiencing the worst wind I've seen in a long time tonight. Our greenhouse is totally destroyed. We'd have to start over from scratch with it. So sad. Also, our little wood playhouse (that we use for garden tools) blew right off the terrace and down by the pool. It is in pieces now. So, so sad.

Dave's back is out. With all the work our children require (and yes, I do think many of them are extra challenging, we are in parenting 505) it is so hard for me to have Dave sick or injured so much of the time. But, we still have to get it all done. I think we'll have to cut back to smaller yard/smaller house for me to deal with it all. We'll see. HOPEFULLY, all this will pay off eventually, but I'm sure not seeing it now. Of course it is not all drudgery, but I tell the kids we would have more time for fun if they would be more diligent and organized about getting their responsibilities done. :)



2 comments:

  1. How frustrating. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with your weather. Your hard is so beautiful, but I'm sure it does take a lot of maintain. Hopefully you can get the kids involved in helping out more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that sucks. I'm sorry. At least you have a gorgeous view to look at while you're working in the yard. ;)

    ReplyDelete