Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FHE: Carl Bloch Exhibit at BYU

Yesterday started off less than great. I've had a cold for a few days, but thought I was getting better. Yesterday, though, I was just so tired and kind of dizzy, so I ended up going back to bed and sleeping until about 1:00. Then I just had time to do a quick clean (usually I clean for hours on Mondays) before picking up the kids from school.

The kids played so nicely, but didn't get any work done, which wasn't good because we had plans that evening: going to the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU. We rented and iPad for everyone, which not only gave us a lot of insight to the exhibit, but also kept the kids very well entertained during the hour we were there. The paintings were very beautiful, and some of them familiar from the church's gospel art pack, church magazines, etc.

Afterward, we went to Red Lobster because we had a gift card (thanks for returning that to us Heidi, it came in handy). The kids wanted so much to go to the BYU Creamery, but I guess Dave thought someone might see him there (at BYU gasp), so he said no. The kids all cried and cried, but you know how Dave is. Actually it was really packed there. The kids were so well behaved; no one crawling under the table or walking around. (Well, Carson went to the bathroom twice, does that count?) McKay even ordered for himself. Wow, that's twice in a row that they haven't humiliated us. Maybe we can start taking them out more often. Actually kind of three times, Makenzie and McKay were very good when I took them to McCool's during Carson's Cotillion last week. That was good food, and interesting menu. I got a roasted beet salad with walnuts, yum.

In regard to Cotillion, they told him last week that he could bring a guest next time, so he's been trying to decide between Lily and Jennifer. We told him he can't take either girl, he's not old enough to date since he's only 9!

We have Great to be Eight next Sunday. Our two youngest will both turn 8 this year, isn't that crazy to think about? Wow, we are so lucky and blessed in all our children.

We got report cards recently. Some of the grades were not the best, but we are happy to see Carson and Makenzie finally at grade level in their reading! That has been a lot of work. Now we need to get the math up there. Keaton came soooo close to a 4.0, just 1% off in one class, but did make high honor roll. Yeah. McKay is doing so awesome in all his classes, too. Hooray for all the Pierce kids this term!

We've been trying really hard to eat healthy, for McKay's sake mainly, and it is starting to pay off. We've really seen McKay start to eat better, not so much the vegetables, but the main dishes. He really likes sour cream, that is for sure. I tried the Boeuf Bourgignone again, and it turned out really nice. However, Makenzie was just gagging into her plate because she saw me putting the grape juice in, and just didn't think that grape juice and roast would be good together.

Today I did the Get Ripped 1000 with Jenny again. It is so much more fun doing it with a friend, but not so fun lugging all the weights over there in 10˚ weather. Yesterday, by the way, I slept in my bed!!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice night out as a family. I'm glad they behaved so well. Emma is terrible when we eat out. It makes us wonder why we don't just get a babysitter. I guess they have to learn at some point right. Granted she's still young. I'm glad that the kids are doing well in school. That is wonderful that Carson and Makenzie are now on grade level. I'm sure that will really help their confidence in reading. I can't believe Mckay and Makenzie are going to be 8! Has it really been that long since I lived with you guys. Time sure flys. I sure wish we could be there for their baptisms, but we won't be coming out again until Thanksgiving. I'm so excited for them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go with the good grades guys! It sounds like you have had a realy fun winter so far at your house:).

    ReplyDelete