Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Busy Week

What a week! It just flew by so quickly. Keaton started karate on Tuesday. It's kind of funny, because he is just a beginner, so he is in a class with kids mostly 7-9. No one even close to his size. He was going to quit, but I told him if he wanted to do karate, he was starting so late there was no way to get around starting with little kids. So, he decided to do it. Carson and McKay might also. Makenzie tried it, but she was so disruptive I was mortified. I can't imagine her in a ballet class. Yikes. The biggest problem is, we just don't have the time to fit karate in. Hmmm. Between math tutoring, math homework, reading, chores and piano, we're already so busy. Of course, if the kids were more efficient with their time, they'd have more free time.

Today Dave took the kids up to Park City for ski lessons. Normally we wouldn't go there because it is too expensive, but they are having a special of $25 lessons, which includes rental and passes, so we decided to do it. Since the lessons were only 3 hours, we decided not to ski ourselves, so Dave took them up himself. He says it was a zoo. There was a race going on, and it was packed. He ended up having to park at the high school and take the bus in. No one could tell him where the ski school was. It took him 2 1/2 hours to park, get rentals, find the school and check them in to the class. However, they can have 4 more lessons at the $25 price, and on those days they can ski all day. So it will be good.

I went to Sundance to cross-country ski. It was so fun, of course! It was a different experience than the first 2 times I went, because, first, I can ski better and knew the terrain better, so I was able to go on a lot more trails in the 2 hours I skied. The other thing, though, was that the quality of the snow was so different. It was much more sticky; in fact, in some places it would stick to the bottom of my skis and I'd have to keep knocking it off. It was snowman snow, not powder. The good thing was I could go straight up the hills, rather than having to herringbone. And the downhills were slower, too. So, I learned to deal with some new conditions. Awesome. I do need to learn to dress for cross country, though. I alway wear way to warm of clothes, then just sweat.

The kids have Monday off, so I'll have to downhill with them. Bummer.

Tomorrow we have Great to be Eight. I'm the one presenting all the kids. We have 11 getting turning 8 this year, and 2 of them are mine. It's kind of bittersweet, they are getting so big. Who made the decision to have Great to be Eight and Priesthood Preview during the middle of the SuperBowl?? Obviously the Bishop doesn't follow football. Neither do I, but I bet some people are going to be irked!

1 comment:

  1. You guys have been busy. Colby said that he saw you at the dentists office the other day. What are the odds that we had our appointments on the same day? I was there that morning, I wish I would have ran into you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete