Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Carson

I've often wondered if all my kids have ADHD, and if so, whether it is real ADHD or environmental (ie caused by me).  Whatever the case, about 6 weeks ago, I finally pulled Carson out of school to homeschool.  It was a hard decision, but he just wasn't learning, and his grades reflected that.

It's been going pretty good, although he'd really like to be in school.  The problem is, he sees school as a big 7 hour long social hour, which really isn't the point of school.

Yesterday morning was a frustrating one for me.  Carson was on his chair, off his chair, kneeling, backwards.  His body is in constant motion, and this morning was particularly bad.  I kept telling him to sit still, etc., but he was just all over the place.

I was getting pretty aggravated with him, when it hit me--if it is hard for me to watch Carson's wiggles, it must be sooo hard to BE Carson.  I don't know why, but his body/mind is just so constantly agitated. Everything must take so much effort for him, especially school, or anything else that requires focus.  I just felt so much compassion for him.  No wonder he does so poorly in school.  It takes so much work to try to sit still, it must just wear him out.

Well, I've tried meds before, and they didn't work, but I'm going to talk to a doctor again.  Poor little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment